There are 6 MIC new standards are going to be implemented since July 2019 as below:
(1) QCVN 118:2018/BTTTT (replace TCVN 7189:2009 and TCVN 7600:2010)
(2) QCVN 66:2018/BTTTT (replace QCVN 66:2013/BTTTT)
(3) QCVN 16:2018/BTTTT (replace QCVN 16:2010/BTTTT)
(4) QCVN 37:2018/BTTTT (replace QCVN 37:2011/BTTTT)
(5) QCVN 44:2018/BTTTT (replace QCVN 44:2011/BTTTT)
(6) QCVN 57:2018/BTTTT (replace QCVN 57:2011/BTTTT)
Unexpected impacts and the way to avoid are below：
1. EMC report according to EN 55022 / CISPR 22 or TCVN 7189:2009 shall not be accepted by VNTA since 01 July 2019
From 01 July 2019, regulated technical standard required for ITE and MME including desktop PC, Notebook / Laptop PC, Tablet PC, Server, Router, Gateway… shall be QCVN 118:2018/BTTTT. Manufacture need to submit EMC report according to CISPR 32:2015 or new Vietnamese standard QCVN 118:2018/BTTTT issued.
MIC has introduced this standard since May 2018 so applicants has really long time to prepare for implementation the new standard.
- TCVN 7189:2009 (equal to CISPR 22:2006 / EN 55022:2006) is a really old standard which are not applicable in Europe anymore, MIC Vietnam has continuously accept CISPR 32:2015 / EN 55032:2015 test report to replace TCVN 7189:2009.
- QCVN 118:2018/BTTTT is completely equal to CISPR 32:2015 / EN 55032:2015
Therefore CISPR 32:2015 / EN 55032:2015 issued by local test laboratories or oversea test laboratories which are recognized by MIC Vietnam for QCVN 118:2018/BTTTT under MRA will be accepted for MIC Declaration of Conformity before and after 01 July 2019.
2. ADoC issued by VNTA which listed TCVN 7189:2009 shall be invalid since 01 July 2019
Pursuant to item 1 of Article 24 of Circular 30/2011/TT-BTTTT of MIC Vietnam: All Acceptance of Declaration of Conformity Letter (ADoC) issued by VNTA of MIC Vietnam which listed TCVN 7189:2009 or any other expiring national technical regulation / standard shall all be expired on 01 July 2019.
Solution: Applicants and importers must be notified on this issue and apply for testing according to new technical regulation / standard in advance to ensure continuous of supplies line to Vietnam market.